How To Change Cartridge Filters in a PRM Cartridge Filter Housing
Changing out the cartridges in your PRM Cartridge Filter Housing is a quick and easy process. Watch Mike demonstrate how to properly perform a cartridge replacement on the PRM Stainless Steel 5 Cartridge Filter Housing which uses 20" Cartridges. The same process can be used for all PRM Stainless Steel Multi-Cartridge Filter Housings that use 20" and 40" filters.
If you have any questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact a PRM representative.
Instructions for Replacing Cartridge Filters
- Be sure to wear the proper safety equipment, including gloves and safety glasses.
- Release pressure from the housing by opening the pressure release valve on the top of the housing.
- Loosen the eye-bolts at the top of the housing. Using a wrench should provide enough leverage at the start, and each bolt should swing downwards.
- Remove the lid and set aside.
- Check the o-ring at the top of the housing for any flaws to ensure a leak-tight fit.
- Loosen and remove the wing nut that holds the top cover plate in place.
- Remove the top cover plate and set aside.
- Remove the 3-piece cartridge holders from the top of a cartridge.
- Pull the dirty cartridge out of the housing.
- Drop the new cartridge into place, and place the cartridge holders back onto the top of the cartridge.
- Repeat steps 8-10 for each cartridge.
- Place the top cover plate on top of the new cartridges. Be sure that the cartridge holder caps are fitted to their corresponding holes in the top cover plate.
- Tighten the wing nut that was removed in step 6 onto the top cover plate by hand. It should apply enough pressure to hold the cartridges in place.
- Return the housing lid to its place.
- Tighten each eye-bolt by hand in a cross-pattern.
- Finish tightening the eye-bolts with the tool of your choice, doing so in a cross-pattern.