TersOx™ CALCIUM PEROXIDE - IN SITU HYDROCARBON TREATMENT
TersOx™ is a specially formulated calcium peroxide that produces a controlled-release of molecular oxygen designed to assist in the aerobic bioremediation of hydrocarbons in soil and groundwater.
TersOx stimulates natural degradation of petroleum hydrocarbons such as benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylenes (BTEX). This is not a chemical oxidation product. The high ratio of O2 in TersOx (>16.6% by weight) provides a long-term oxygen source for up to 12 months upon hydration
under ideal conditions. This sustained release of oxygen stimulates indigenous bacteria, accelerates bioactivity, and promotes increased contaminant removal.
- A white to yellow, powdery material
- Composition - Calcium peroxide
- Assay 75% minimum
- Releases >16.6% of its weight as oxygen when hydrated
- Packaged and delivered in 110 lb. fiber drums
- See detailed MSDS for full product specifications: http://www.tersusenv.com/support/library/sds/189-tersox-sds/file
- Transport regulations: Hazard Class: 5.1, Packing Group: II, Class: 70, UN1457
- pH approximately 12
- Moisture: 2% maximum
- Expected shelf-life of material - 2 years
- TersOx™ and water mixture (slurry) application in excavations
- Dry powder application in soils and excavations
- Injectable slurry for source area and permeable reactive barrier applications
- Application Instructions (link)
- Controlled-release of molecular oxygen to support aerobic microbial biodegradation
- Long-term source of oxygen to the subsurface
- Clean, low-cost, non-disruptive application
- No Operations and Maintenance
- Complimentary site evaluation from Tersus Environmental
Product Recovery Management, Inc. (PRM) is a proud distributor of Tersus Environmental bioremediation products and surfactants. PRM provides equipment and services to the Environmental Remediation and Landfill Gas Industries. We also serve several niche industries with customized research and development solutions. The products offered here we use in our environmental systems, so they are of absolute quality and often exceed industry standards. Even though we are an international company, we provide our customers with small business, family-operated genuine service.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. We are happy to serve you and assure satisfaction with your purchase.