ABB AF SERIES CONTACTORS
ABB has reached a new benchmark in voltage mitigation with their AF contactor. Through its integrated circuit (IC),the contactor is able to regulate the input voltage and operate within a discrete time domain. There is no partial operation since the contactor effectively remains either on or off, which allows chatter to be eliminated.
An additional benefit of the IC control is its ability to establish the necessary electromagnetic field with less current. In turn, control power transformers and power supplies can be down sized. This means the ABB AF contactor has the capacity to reduce both panel space and cost savings.
AF contactors are used for controlling power circuits up to 690 V AC and 220 V DC. They are mainly used for controlling 3-phase motors, non-inductive or slightly inductive loads.
ABB AF Series Contactors feature an electronically controlled coil and offer several benefits over conventional contactors.
- With an 80% reduction of coil energy consumption the ABB AF contactors width has been reduced by 30%
- AF Contactors feature coil terminals accessible from the front so there is no need to disconnect cables or bars to perform voltage measurement and service work
- AF contactors have built-in surge protection and do not require additional surge suppressors
- The AF... series 1-stack 3-pole contactors are of the block type design. - Main poles and auxiliary contact blocks: 3 main poles, 1 built-in auxiliary contact, front and side-mounted add-on auxiliary contact blocks
- Note: AF..-30-..-11 not suitable for a direct control by PLC-output.
- AF series contactors features both AC and DC support. With the complete AF contactor range, functionality is improved. Still, the total number of product variants compared to a conventional range is reduced by 90%. Only four coils are required to cover 24 V AC, 20 V DC - 500 V AC/DC.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall Product Recovery Management, Inc. (PRM), our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation, lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
SECTION 14 - INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Product Recovery Management, Inc. (PRM) and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.