ABB AF SERIES CONTACTORS
ABB AF SERIES CONTACTORS
ABB has reached a new benchmark in voltage mitigation with their AF contactor. Through its integrated circuit (IC),the contactor is able to regulate the input voltage and operate within a discrete time domain. There is no partial operation since the contactor effectively remains either on or off, which allows chatter to be eliminated.
An additional benefit of the IC control is its ability to establish the necessary electromagnetic field with less current. In turn, control power transformers and power supplies can be down sized. This means the ABB AF contactor has the capacity to reduce both panel space and cost savings.
AF contactors are used for controlling power circuits up to 690 V AC and 220 V DC. They are mainly used for controlling 3-phase motors, non-inductive or slightly inductive loads.
ABB AF Series Contactors feature an electronically controlled coil and offer several benefits over conventional contactors.
- With an 80% reduction of coil energy consumption the ABB AF contactors width has been reduced by 30%
- AF Contactors feature coil terminals accessible from the front so there is no need to disconnect cables or bars to perform voltage measurement and service work
- AF contactors have built-in surge protection and do not require additional surge suppressors
- The AF... series 1-stack 3-pole contactors are of the block type design. - Main poles and auxiliary contact blocks: 3 main poles, 1 built-in auxiliary contact, front and side-mounted add-on auxiliary contact blocks
- Note: AF..-30-..-11 not suitable for a direct control by PLC-output.
- AF series contactors features both AC and DC support. With the complete AF contactor range, functionality is improved. Still, the total number of product variants compared to a conventional range is reduced by 90%. Only four coils are required to cover 24 V AC, 20 V DC - 500 V AC/DC.
|ABB PART NUMBER||AMPERAGE||DESCRIPTION|
|AF09-30-10-11||9 AMPS||24-60V 50/60Hz 20-60VDC CONTACTOR|
|AF09-30-10-13||9 AMPS||100-250v 50/60Hz - DC CONTACTOR|
|AF12-30-10-11||12 AMPS||24-60V 50/60Hz 20-60VDC CONTACTOR|
|AF12-30-10-13||12 AMPS||100-250v 50/60Hz - DC CONTACTOR|
|AF16-30-10-11||16 AMPS||24-60V 50/60Hz 20-60VDC CONTACTOR|
|AF16-30-10-13||16 AMPS||100-250v 50/60Hz - DC CONTACTOR|
|AF26-30-00-11||26 AMPS||24-60V 50/60Hz 20-60VDC CONTACTOR|
|AF26-30-00-13||26 AMPS||100-250v 50/60Hz - DC CONTACTOR|
|AF30-30-00-11||30 AMPS||24-60V 50/60Hz 20-60VDC CONTACTOR|
|AF30-30-00-13||30 AMPS||100-250v 50/60Hz - DC CONTACTOR|
|AF38-30-00-11||38 AMPS||24-60V 50/60Hz 20-60VDC CONTACTOR|
|AF38-30-00-13||38 AMPS||100-250v 50/60Hz - DC CONTACTOR|