PRM makes available Aurora Motors' different lines of electric motors. Aurora Motors is a leading global manufacturer of premium electric motors for OEMs, well drillers, and municipalities. At Aurora Motors, "Reliability Matters." Aurora inverter-duty motors are precision manufactured to provide superior dependability, with the lowest vibration levels in the industry. Their engineers and designers are among the most respected and recognized in the world. In strategic partnership with PRM Filtration, Aurora Motors works at the leading edge of technology, combining their product research and development with application knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of market demands.
Aurora Motors WP1 Vertical Pump Motor (5800 Series Frame)
- The Aurora Motors WP1 Vertical Pump Motor is designed primarily for deep well turbine pump applications. These motors are high efficiency, quiet operation, high starting torque, with low vibration and running temperatures.
- Drop-in replacement for most big brand names.
- Cast iron build.
- UL Certified for both construction and efficiency levels.
- UL Approved insulation system (NEMA MG-1 Part 31 Inverter Duty).
- Hi-torque, Hi-thrust design (double stack thrust bearings standard in 5800 series).
- Precision balancing (as low as .00051”).
- Large oil reservoir (324TP-5809TP).
- Windings of the motor are double VPI (Vacuum Pressure Impregnation) treated for increased moisture resistance.
- 120V Space heaters and RTDs (Resistance Temperature Detectors) standard on all HP ratings.
- Forged steel ball-type non-reverse ratchet assembly.
- P5 (aviation grade) angular contact thrust bearing
- End turns capable of 2300V peak-to-peak.
- Positive temperature coefficient thermistors.
- Click here to access the Aurora Motors Vertical Pump Motors Catalog.
- Click here to access the Aurora Motors WP1 Vertical Pump Motors (5800 Series Frame) Brochure.
- Click here to access the Aurora Motors WP1 Vertical Pump Motor Operation & Maintenance Manual.
Aurora Motors warranties its motor/product against defects in material and workmanship provided the motor/product has properly been cared for, installed, and operated in the application for which the motor/product was designed. Aurora Motors warrants its motor/product for 12 months after the date of installation or 24 months from the date of shipment, whichever expires first. This warranty shall be in lieu of any other warranty expressed or implied including but limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. A defective motor/product must be taken to an independent repair facility authorized by Aurora Motors for inspection or returned to Aurora Motors for completion of warranty. Any and all repairs must have a written authorization by Aurora Motors prior to such repair.
To claim a warranty on a motor/product, the purchaser must provide the original invoice, date of installation, authorized inspection report, cost of repair (authorized repair facility) and photographs/video of failure which support the warranty claim. Aurora Motors will be responsible for repairs or replacing the defective motor/product provided that the motor/product has an Aurora Motors nameplate on it and in fact is an Aurora Motors product, has never being altered, is returned, and freight pre-paid. Before returning the motor/product, a return merchandise authorized number (R.M.A.) must be obtained. Aurora Motors will pay the transportation charge one way only, from the warehouse to the customer. Aurora Motors is not responsible for any expenses in connection with any repair made by anyone other than the factory or an authorized service facility. Aurora Motors is not responsible for removal, installation, or other incidental expenses incurred in shipping the motor/product to or from facilities. The utilization of the thermistors and space heaters are required for warranty inspection.
Aurora Motors assumes no responsibility for consequential or incidental damages, including but not limited to, personal injury or labor costs arising from an operating failure of the motor/product for any reason whatsoever, nor does it assume responsibility for improper storage and handling by the distributor and/or end-user. Also, for warranty purposes, customer must be ready to provide relevant data to Aurora Motors such as the end-user and installer contact information, (preferably at the time of installation). Before a warranty can be determined, the warranty department needs documentation of what application the motor/product was being utilized for, date the motor/product was purchased, the date the motor/product was installed and if all wiring was properly connected, if both the thermistor and space heater had been installed correctly, if the motor/product had been properly filled with oil, and a complete description of the cause of failure.
All Aurora Vertical Pump Motors are shipped via freight. You will be contacted by PRM Filtration after your purchase to arrange freight shipping of your motor. We will confirm three things upon contact:
- Whether the address you listed is a commercial or residential address.
- Whether or not there is a loading/unloading dock at your address available for use by the freight company.
- Whether or not there is a forklift available for unloading your motor at your address.
Purchaser is responsible for shipping cost. You will be contacted by PRM Filtration with our best possible shipping rate. We recommend you call PRM Filtration for estimated lead times.
PRM Filtration (888)-873-2848.
Freight shipping costs are calculated using current published rates. Buyer pays all shipping charges.
We reserve the right to choose which carrier we ship through to offer you the lowest available rate.